What is the Best Skin Lightening Cream for Dark Skin African Americans? There are many skin whitening treatments with different levels of effectiveness. Over the counter, you will see varieties of skin whitening products such as skin lightening pills, skin whitening injections, skin bleaching soap, and natural skin lightening supplements, such as Vitamin E and Aloe vera for skin whitening and skin whitening surgery.
While thinking of how to get smooth fair skin, choosing the best product may not be such an easy task due to the failures and risks behind most of the products on the market.
How to Lighten Skin Naturally?
You can whiten your skin in many ways, both artificial and natural methods are good but urgency and intensity may vary. Dark skin contains melanin, which is a pigment that protects it against UV radiations from the sun. Minimizing too much exposure from sunlight can make your skin light and smooth. Keep protecting your skin using the best sunscreen lotions and creams, hat and even walk under an umbrella while making long distances.
There are some food substances and diet that contributes to skin whitening and getting a fair complexion. Such food substances when consumed regularly can make your skin soft and smooth free from dead skin. Non-oily foods with more vitamin C are recommendable. Take a sufficient amount of water to keep your skin hydrated as well as carrying away accumulated chemicals and toxins.
Best Skin Lightening Cream – Reviews
Ambi Fade Cream
This is an effective product used for whitening dark and black skin. It is most cherished by many African American women due to its effectiveness in the removal of dark spots while providing an even skin tone on your body.
It is made of ingredients that are safe for your health and some of them include; Vitamin E, hydroquinone and alpha hydroxy acids. Manufactures advise children under the age of 12 not to use this cream.
Palmers Skin Success Eventone Fade Milk
- Tremendous healthy results
- Created with your health and happiness in mind
- Item Package Weight: 0.34 kilograms
- Item Package Dimension: 7.112cm L x 7.62cm W x 7.62cm H
* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
It is yet another skin bleaching cream suitable for dark skin. Additionally, it helps in healing cracked dry skin that may have occurred due to sunlight overheating, pregnancy and age spots. Prime ingredients of the cream include Vitamin E, hydroquinone and alpha hydroxy acids. Keep creams out of reach to children under the age of 12.
* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Skin Whitening Home Remedies
There are natural ingredients such as lemon, vitamin E, Aloe vera and turmeric that can be used for natural skin lightening. You can therefore comfortably bleach your skin using such ingredients that are much available at home. The only difference from skin whitening pills, lotions and cream is the time taken for your complexion to change. Health safety becomes the main advantage of this type of skin lightening treatment. Here are some of the recipes you can try.
Lemon Milk and Yogurt
On your face apply a mixture of lemon, milk and yogurt. Leave the mask for 20 to 30 minutes and rinse. Repeat for a number of days until you notice a change. Alternatively, you can apply lemon juice only and rinse after the mentioned period of time.
Cucumber and Lemon Juice
Mix cucumber juice, lemon juice and apply overnight. Rinse in the morning with a lot of water. Several times should lead to a change in your skin complexion. You can opt to use cucumber juice only.
Heating of Honey
Heat some honey and let it cool for 3o minutes. Apply on the face and rinse after 30 minutes. Repeat for several days to observe dark spots and black complexion disappearing.
Tomato cut into two halves can be applied on the face and rinse after 20 minutes. Alternatively, you can use sliced pieces of raw potatoes and your skin will lighten.
Turmeric, Olive Oil and Chickpea Flour
In a container mix equal amounts of turmeric, olive oil and chickpea flour. Stir to form a paste and apply as a mask on your face. Give it 20 minutes before you rinse.
Study the reviews to know about the ingredients, price and rating before deciding on a product. There is no guarantee on the effectiveness of the best skin lightening creams over the counter. Different people react in different ways to some of the ingredients.
Skin Whitening Cream Side Effects
There are many dangers of skin lightening creams reported and observed among many users. According to dermatologists, skin bleaching creams can only be safe when prescribed by a specialist. “Unfortunately, many skin-lightening creams contain illegal compounds that can damage your health,” [Indy Rihal of the British Skin Foundation]. “The most common compounds are high-dose steroids.”
Hydroquinone is also a chemical substance available in most skin whitening products. This is a bleaching agent that can also be risky to the body health of the user. Steroids are fine when used in correct doses. “Unmonitored use of high-dose steroids can lead to many problems,” [Rihal]. “Patients are often very distressed by the results of skin-lightening creams.”[Source]
Risks and Dangers
Not all creams you obtain over the counter are chemically proven as safe. It is only a GP or a dermatologist who can prescribe the right cream to use. Among the risks associated with wrong skin products include:
- Risk of permanent skin bleaching or lightening
- Redness and skin irritations
- Uneven toning and color change hence blotchy looks
- Thinning of the skin hence the risk of cancer cases.
- Prolonged use of skin lighteners may lead to premature skin aging.
- Some skin lightening products contain steroids that may make your skin prone to infections and skin conditions such as acne.
- Creams with too much hydroquinone of more than 2% may harm your skin.
- There is a high possibility of allergic reactions resulting from both chemical bleaching agents and natural ingredients as well.
Tips on How to Select the Best Skin Whitening Cream – Precautions & Safety
Here are the tips and clues that will enable you to safely land on an effective skin lightening cream.
- Involve a doctor while deciding on using skin lighteners. The dermatologist will advise on the best product to go for.
- Ensure your skin whitening agent does not contain mercury. While reading about the ingredients used, avoid products that contain ingredients like calomel, mercurio, mercuric, or mercurous since they are alternative names for mercury.
- Products that are packaged with hydroquinone must state the percentage. Anything above 2% can be harmful to your skin and hence avoid it.
- Study the ingredients utilized in the cream. Hydroquinone, Mercury and lead are harmful elements to your skin.
- Natural ingredients such as glutathione, Vitamin E, Kojic Acid and natural antioxidants are highly recommended for skin bleaching.
- Go through reviews to see the rating of the product by those who have used it before.
- The product must be able to correct skin blemishes such as pigmentation, dark spots, acne scars and moles.
- Your best over the counter skin lightening cream must state some of the side effects after using the product.
- The product should be ideal for all skin types, that is, suitable for sensitive skin, and if not it should be clearly stated.
- Involve a skin specialist for you to be certain of the positive outcome following the use of any new product on the market.
Skin Whitening Cream Ingredients
This component is effective in the treatment of skin discolorations. The users have to avoid sunlight as their skin can tan. The use of this component can make one be very sensitive to UVA and UVB rays. It is not the best component for the best skin lightening cream
This is the primary topical ingredient that inhibits the production of melanin and it also has antioxidant properties. It comes in 2% and 4% concentrations and in combination with tretinoin 0.05% to 0.1%. The combination of the two prevents the sun-induced hormone melasma.
This component is also a strong inhibitor in melanin production thus it can prevent the dark skin from making the substance for the skin color. The negative reaction of this component is minor as per the studies. It is the best skin lightening cream component.
Derived from the leaves of bearberry and is also present in most pears. It also has melanin-inhibiting properties. Studies have shown the efficiency of this component on skin lightening. There are patents that have control over it on the skin.
Therefore avoid complications by conducting a dermatologist or a GP to prescribe you the best skin lightening cream for your skin complexion and tone.